PolicyKit releases and !AWOL

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 08:13:14 PST 2007

2007/12/6, David Zeuthen <david at fubar.dk>:
> Hi,

Hi

> First sorry for not being more active on the list. Been busy with lots
> and lots of stuff including PolicyKit and trying to put my thoughts down
> about the next major version of HAL (basically a rewrite, more on that
> soon!).

TBH, sentences like that scare me a little bit.

> Second, and the reason I'm surfacing from hide + seek, here's a new
> PolicyKit release
>
> http://hal.freedesktop.org/releases/PolicyKit-0.7.tar.gz
> http://hal.freedesktop.org/releases/PolicyKit-gnome-0.7.tar.bz2

PK-gnome failes to compile with -Wl,--as-needed, a -lpolkit-grant is missing.
Please find the attached patch.

> Also, packagers should be careful, there's a few new setgid helpers; the
> blurb at the end of ./configure should be useful. And here's the Fedora
> spec files for reference

"polkit-set-default-helper" seems to be missing in the blurb at the
end of ./configure.

The PK changelog mentions as highlight, that the glib dependency was removed.
Instead you implemented your on sortof glib, called libkit.
I don't see the real benefit here, smells a bit of NIH. glib is a
rather well tested lib and already used in the utopia stack. Could you
elaborate a bit on that decision?

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?