Power-management issues

Phil Dibowitz phil at ipom.com
Thu Dec 20 18:16:42 PST 2007

(re-send, my first one didn't go through, as I wasn't subscribed)

I have a Dell Latitude C400 and whenever my laptop suspends, my screen never
powers back on.

I've tried running quirk-checker.sh and fixing the one thing it pointed out
(wrong intel xorg driver), but that didn't fix it.

I tried suspending from a terminal, but that didn't fix it.

According to the site, my hal-info is plenty new enough: 20071030-1

I've tried tons of different options to pm-suspend but none of them seem to
work.

I'm running the following:
  powersaved 0.14.0-8
  powermgmt-base 1.20
  pm-utils 0.99.2-3
  libhal1 0.5.10-3
  hal 0.5.10-3
  hal-info 20071030-1
  xserver-xorg 1:7.3+7

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phil Dibowitz                             phil at ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Never write it in C if you can do it in 'awk';
 Never do it in 'awk' if 'sed' can handle it;
 Never use 'sed' when 'tr' can do the job;
 Never invoke 'tr' when 'cat' is sufficient;
 Avoid using 'cat' whenever possible" -- Taylor's Laws of Programming