Power-management issues

Phil Dibowitz phil at ipom.com
Fri Dec 21 05:59:28 PST 2007

Holger Macht wrote:
> On Thu 20. Dec - 18:16:42, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
>> (re-send, my first one didn't go through, as I wasn't subscribed)
>>
>> I have a Dell Latitude C400 and whenever my laptop suspends, my screen never
>> powers back on.
>>
>> I've tried running quirk-checker.sh and fixing the one thing it pointed out
>> (wrong intel xorg driver), but that didn't fix it.
>
> Which distro are you using?

Debian sid.

> Did you already had a look at http://opensuse.org/s2ram? This might help
> in case you're using userspace suspend.

I'll have a look, thanks.

Phil Dibowitz                             phil at ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Never write it in C if you can do it in 'awk';
 Never do it in 'awk' if 'sed' can handle it;
 Never use 'sed' when 'tr' can do the job;
 Never invoke 'tr' when 'cat' is sufficient;
 Avoid using 'cat' whenever possible" -- Taylor's Laws of Programming