Fwd: Re: Re: A extra battery is found by kpowersave.

Andrey Borzenkov arvidjaar at mail.ru
Fri Dec 21 12:14:33 PST 2007

I thought it could be of some interest ...

--------------- ??????????? ????????? (??????)

????: Re: Re: A extra battery is found by kpowersave.
??: Pascal Terjan <pterjan at gmail.com>
????: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 22:25:41 +0300
?????? ????????: gmane.linux.mandrake.cooker.devel

On Dec 21, 2007 7:29 PM, Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar at mail.ru> wrote:

> which information is missing? To be precise - what does not work with /sys
> and works with /proc?

The "model" field is not read by hal, but I guess it's only useful for
the warnings about dangerous batteries.
The theorical full charge also is not, and some other things

I think it will still work fine, but gnome-power-manager will display
less information so I prefer to wait for hal to be updated to read
eveything from /sys...

Additionnaly, I currently see 2 batteries and the current charge is
most of the time wrong on the /sys one (it's often 2 or 3% more than
the /proc one, and get in sync from time to time, when the battery is
discharging)