trouble matching ThinkPad X61 for video quirk

Ben Liblit liblit at cs.wisc.edu
Sun Dec 23 21:50:26 PST 2007

Problem solved: the FDI cache was not being rebuilt, so none of my
changes were having any effect.  I didn't actually know of this cache
until now, and I would have assumed that any such cache would be rebuilt
automatically when necessary.  Apparently not.  After a manual rebuild
("/usr/libexec/hald-generate-fdi-cache") and daemon restart, my quirk is
now showing up in lshal.  Yay!

I expect to be sending a proper patch soon, once I've double-checked the
fix to my satisfaction.