Release Candidates ?

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Thu Feb 15 11:40:41 PST 2007

Hi all,

I'm part of the Gnome herd in Gentoo and we've been preparing our ebuild
scripts for Gnome 2.18 for a while now. The one thing we've kept
postponing is HAL et al (pun hardly intended ...)

I'd like to know if you guys are far from making releases (even RCs
would help a lot) for HAL, ConsoleKit and especially PolicyKit.

We have quite a bunch of users regularly using and testing our Gnome
2.18 repository and having a newer HAL (we're at 0.5.8.1 right now)
would help us a lot before gnome 2.18 goes stable.

Thanks for your time and your work :)

Cheers

Rémi