[patch] Create a new device_pm.{c|h} for internal use

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Tue Jul 3 15:23:24 PDT 2007

On Dienstag, 3. Juli 2007, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 20:13 +0200, Danny Kukawka wrote:
> > I have may overseen something, but where are the mails (with the
> > patches) to all these ACPI/PMU/APM commits in the last hour? They are
> > really confusing  and I miss the discussion about them (at least the
> > commit logs are also not that descriptive in some cases).
>
> I was talking to davidz pretty much the whole time. I've tried to be as
> descriptive as possible and do tiny commits.

Sorry, please don't missunderstand this, but I hate this way of discussion in
the back of the mailing list if there are such massive changes. There should
be a way to discuss this via the ML so that other ppl/developer can comment
on such changes. I don't speak about small fixes, but about this kind of
movements/architecture changes.

> > I hope they introduce no new ACPI related bugs, the code is really
> > sensitive as you know.
>
> Sure, I've been very careful, but due to the small commits we can
> trivially git-bisect.

That's not funny if a user reports a problem.

> Most of the code is just cut and pasted, so the logic should be the same.

And what was not cut and pasted?

Danny