LED devices

Richard Purdie rpurdie at openedhand.com
Fri Jun 1 07:59:49 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 15:28 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > And then there's one more thing, I'd like to have triggers associated
> > with devices as well, but those are currently not entities in sysfs at
> > all, unfortunately.
>
> Richard, what do you think of this?

I've wondered about this before. You have to think what
a /sys/class/led_trigger/ would entry look like - all you'd get is a
name and I guess you could add the current brightness of the trigger.

Perhaps a more useful element would be the device its associated with
but not all triggers map to devices and some map to multiple devices.
The current brightness of the trigger has seemed like a bad idea since
they're often high frequency event sources and I'm not sure it makes
sense.

Its also complicated by the fact that not all triggers are going to
appear for each LED in future.

If people can see a way the class would be useful, I'm open to
suggestions but even with Johannes use case, a triggers class doesn't
actually help as far as I can see.

Cheers,

Richard