LED devices

Richard Purdie rpurdie at openedhand.com
Fri Jun 1 08:50:53 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 17:06 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 15:59 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
>
> > I've wondered about this before. You have to think what
> > a /sys/class/led_trigger/ would entry look like - all you'd get is a
> > name and I guess you could add the current brightness of the trigger.
>
> You could also have symlinks to all LEDs that are triggered by it.

True. Is that useful information though? It is already available in
files in sysfs from the LEDs concerned.

> > Its also complicated by the fact that not all triggers are going to
> > appear for each LED in future.
>
> H"m? How's this going to be filtered?

A given trigger gets to decide which LEDs it supports through an
optional "supported" style function pointer. There was a patch on LKML
which I'm planning to apply.

Its an important case as there are some LEDs which have a hardwired
trigger which can't be shared with other LEDs.

Cheers,

Richard