[patches] Add dmi kernel class support into HAL

Lennart Poettering mzuny at 0pointer.de
Tue Jun 5 09:36:55 PDT 2007

On Tue, 05.06.07 17:21, Richard Hughes (hughsient at gmail.com) wrote:

> Okay, then what about just dropping these keys from HAL?

That's fine with me. I don't see any good usecase for keeping them,
anyway.

> > BTW: One question, Richard: In dmi_set_string_from_data() you test
> > strcmp(value, "Not Available"). Why?
>
> I've seen two vendors that do this.

What I wanted to point out is that some vedors do it this way, others
do it another way. Filtering out all rubbish values is not going to
work. Unless you want to do this in .fdi files. ;-)

> Do you think we should filter this also? It makes no sense IMO to export
> information that is wrong.

Yeah, but it's really difficult to find all data that is wrong. And I
doubt it makes any sense to filter just two or three values if there
are thousands of invalid values around.

Lennart