info.icon in HAL

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Mon Mar 5 16:05:02 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 23:32 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Okay, sounds like a plan. When you guys have decided on freedesktop
> names for the icons and we have patches in gnomevfs then us HAL guys
> can swing into action.

I've put the guidelines for naming device icons in the Icon Naming Spec
in CVS. I've made a list of some names, which will eventually become the
Device Icon Naming Addendum. The patch I made to gnome-vfs is in SVN
already, and can use the icons if available. The issue is that if the
icons aren't available, gnome-vfs doesn't know, and GTK+ doesn't do the
automatic fallback yet. We also need to figure out how to deal with the
distribution of icons for this purpose. Holding out on having the data
in the hal-info FDI files, means that we can manage the time and allow
us to get all the little things done first. :)

I'm working on what I need to work on though, to make things happen,
as I definitely want these icons to get drawn and used.

-- dobey