Whitelisting no-pm-quirks

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Wed May 2 03:59:08 PDT 2007

On Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2007, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 12:10 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > Heya,
> >
> > I got ahold of the latest hal, pm-utils, and kernel from Rawhide, and
> > after some testing, realised that the Latitude D420's suspend worked
> > out-of-the-box. Ie. "echo mem > /sys/power/state" suspended the
> > computer, and pressing the power button resumed it with video and all.
> >
> > Should the D420 be whitelisted in hal-info to help out with possible
> > debugging?
>
> Sounds like a good idea. Sufficient to just leave a comment in the file?
> Or did you want something more fancy like merging a property saying
> essentially saying no quirks are needed?

I'm not sure if there are no quirks needed. s2ram handle the D420 with
VBE_POST|VBE_MODE.

I would speculate the resume for video work only with X, but not correct on
console. So it make sence to not whitelist the device if one of both would
not work correct. Please recheck if the suspend/resume would also work from
init=/bin/bash correctly without vbe quirks.

Danny