Patch: remove incorrect vbestate_restore quirk for some laptops

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Wed May 2 05:45:04 PDT 2007

While testing Mandriva 2007 Spring, we discovered part of hal
suspend/resume scripts were still using incorrect arguments when calling
pm-utils, causing vbestate_restore to never be passed to pm-utils.

After we fixed that (I saw david fixed it too in parallel with commits
d695eb749f5f1ace2d90be0605a100b1cc714266 and
a0997ff7f0ced238e702f2b0e201038687ede468, sorry for not pushing patch
earlier), we discovered regressions in suspend stability, because some
laptops were incorrectly described in hal-info as needing
vbestate_restore.

The attached patch removes those incorrect quirks. I'm afraid there is
other incorrect quirks with vbestate_restore in hal-info but I used a
conservative approach by only removing quirks for laptop we were able to
test.

It would be great to ask for more people with laptops in the list to
check if suspend is working properly with fixed hal release.
--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
Mandriva