Patch: remove incorrect vbestate_restore quirk for some laptops

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Wed May 2 09:57:47 PDT 2007

On Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2007, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> While testing Mandriva 2007 Spring, we discovered part of hal
> suspend/resume scripts were still using incorrect arguments when calling
> pm-utils, causing vbestate_restore to never be passed to pm-utils.
>
> After we fixed that (I saw david fixed it too in parallel with commits
> d695eb749f5f1ace2d90be0605a100b1cc714266 and
> a0997ff7f0ced238e702f2b0e201038687ede468, sorry for not pushing patch
> earlier), we discovered regressions in suspend stability, because some
> laptops were incorrectly described in hal-info as needing
> vbestate_restore.

How did you discovered this regression. What was the exact testcase? Suspend
under X or also from console/init=/bin/bash. Both have to work to remove a
quirk.

I ask this because I see several changes (e.g. for HPnx6125) in the quirks
(you remove e.g. power_management.quirk.vbestate_restore) which s2ram
explicit use (in it's own whitelist) to resume the machines correctly. I
speculate in several cases of your changes the  resume with X would work
okay, but not from console.

Danny