Extra keyboard buttons (hotkey-setup)

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed May 2 23:30:31 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 02:29 +0100, Paul Sladen wrote:

> No, you carry a file (aka 'key-constants') which just *happens* (pure
> coincidence) to have a vague similarity to some of the relevant
> contents of a particular revision of Linux's 'input.h'.

I really don't think this is a good idea. Every time input.h changes we
have to change our local version (and backport to all stable versions)
to get updated hal-info snapshots to work (assuming we use the new key
id's).

I also really don't like the idea doing 300+ strcmp's at startup
(critical time) when we can just add it just as clear in a comment
(IMO), or wiki page explaining how to add or remove entries.

Heck, if a user just mentioned that setkeycodes 34 0x34 worked on a
random Dell laptop then we can add it to hal-info and push almost
immediately. I really don't think ordinary users should be poking around
with fdi files.

Richard.