[patch] add keymap data to make random laptop vendor keys work

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu May 3 10:45:09 PDT 2007

Attached are two patches that make the hibernate and suspend keys work
on my Lenovo laptop. For other vendors, we just need to drop a new fdi
file into hal-info (like we do for other quirks) and the buttons should
just start working.

I've purposely not included the input.h constants (sorry Paul) as I
couldn't justify doing over 900 strcmp's at startup just for developers
when so many of us are trying to make hal start up in super quick time.

Other rationale? If we whitelist the quirks for each vendor and model
quite specifically (like we do with video resume data) so that we don't
accidentally break something that's already working then we won't have
to change the constants. Zero pain.

If this idea is approved by DavidZ, then I intend on writing a wiki page
on "How to get rid of the dmesg setkeycodes warning" describing the
steps to add an entry in hal-info. The other clear (i.e. specific)
entries from hotkeys-setup we can add later when all the initial patches
are agreed on.

Please review carefully. Comments and criticisms please.

Richard.