Patch: remove incorrect vbestate_restore quirk for some laptops

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu May 3 15:27:41 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 10:20 +0200, Danny Kukawka wrote:
> > First, it would be good to state something like how to test / verify
> > quriks like these in this part
> >
> > http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/hal-spec/hal-spec.html#device-properti
> >es-power-management
> >
> > of the spec.
>
> I can take a look at this and write something, but I would prefer to start a
> new xml file for testcases and add a link there.

That would be good.

> > Second, as Zack pointed out earlier here
> >
> >  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2007-April/008158.html
> >
> > we have _bad_ quirks already for IBM/Lenovo. One of my colleagues from
> > Red Hat just verified that here
>
> I don't say all changes would be bad, but I'm sure there are several changes
> which would break suspend/resume from console, and it has to work for both.

But this doesn't work even from X.

> > Danny: Is it possible you can ping the s2ram people at SUSE about this?
> > Because without any feedback the only solution is to delete all these
> > Thinkpad quirks from hal-info...
>
> I add Stefan to CC, he is our s2ram maintainer.
>
> Btw. suspend via s2ram work perfectly for me on a X41 with the existing quirks
> on SUSE with actual kernel/X/pm-utils/s2ram.

Well, it would be nice to figure out what s2ram does for X41 then so we
can put that in hal-info so other than s2ram users can benefit. Because
what was in hal-info obviously didn't work.

Danny, can you attach lshal for that laptop please? And also tell me
what quirks s2ram uses for it? Thanks!

     David