[patch] add keymap data to make random laptop vendor keys work

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun May 6 06:52:42 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-05-05 at 01:30 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> I've changed my mind. This should be fixed at a lower-level...

What about for solaris and freebsd? Duplicate all the data for them too?

> > distros to update their udev packages every few weeks, rather than
> > hal-info.
>
> Same thing, they're just a bunch of files that bolt onto an existing
> package. I'm sure the maintainer of udev for your favourite distro
> will take whole files to add to the package :)

Adding files to a SRPM will only fix the fedora case, which would
essentially get us to the same point that Ubuntu is at. This is the
wrong way to get hardware just working using patches to packages in a
non-cross-distro and non-cross-architecture way IMO.

Richard.