[patch] add keymap data to make random laptop vendor keys work

Lennart Poettering mzuny at 0pointer.de
Tue May 8 13:58:07 PDT 2007

On Sun, 06.05.07 14:52, Richard Hughes (hughsient at gmail.com) wrote:

> > > distros to update their udev packages every few weeks, rather than
> > > hal-info.
> >
> > Same thing, they're just a bunch of files that bolt onto an existing
> > package. I'm sure the maintainer of udev for your favourite distro
> > will take whole files to add to the package :)
>
> Adding files to a SRPM will only fix the fedora case, which would
> essentially get us to the same point that Ubuntu is at. This is the
> wrong way to get hardware just working using patches to packages in a
> non-cross-distro and non-cross-architecture way IMO.

If I understood Kay correctly he'd be OK to add keyfuzz to his udev
package as long as it is tiny. Not just now, since (as I mentioned
before) during an initial phase the database will need to be updated
often.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering                                         Red Hat, Inc.
lennart [at] poettering [dot] net                          ICQ# 11060553