Proposal: adding a storage.disable_media_check for strange devices

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Fri May 11 06:41:27 PDT 2007

Hi,

among the various patches in mandriva package for hal, I have one to
deal with some usb keys we have here which doesn't support getting
polled at all, causing a lot of kernel error in syslog. Moreover, there
isn't really a need to poll these kind of usb devices, since kernel
events will notify when it is unplugged from the system.

I have some kind of ugly patch (attached) which disable polling for
those devices after initial fs detection but it is only effective once
usb key is mounted.

What do you think of adding a storage.disable_media_check (or maybe
disable_polling) property to have this kind of device ?

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
Mandriva