Patch: add quirks for Dell D420

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Wed May 23 00:46:32 PDT 2007

Le mardi 22 mai 2007 à 17:44 +0100, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
> On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 16:26 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 16:54 +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> > >
> > > Bastien is using the new intel driver, which is handling all the
> > > resolution mode change and doesn't not rely on BIOS anymore. And I
> > > think
> > > vbestate-restore is probably conflicting with the new driver but is
> > > probably required with the old version of the driver.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure how we should deal with this..
> >
> > Two options.
> >
> > 1. only support the newer "intel" driver
> > 2. expose the xorg driver in HAL and match against that
> >
> > I prefer option 1.
>
> Same here.

What do you think about option 1B : only support the newer "intel"
driver but keep the offending vbestate_restore quirk in the fdi file,
commented, explaining it is needed for older intel driver ? And when
intel driver is propagated enough, drop the commented block.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
Mandriva