Patch: add quirks for Dell D420

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Wed May 23 06:55:59 PDT 2007

Le mercredi 23 mai 2007 à 08:45 +0100, Richard Hughes a écrit :
> On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 09:46 +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> >
> > What do you think about option 1B : only support the newer "intel"
> > driver but keep the offending vbestate_restore quirk in the fdi file,
> > commented, explaining it is needed for older intel driver ? And when
> > intel driver is propagated enough, drop the commented block.
>
> Yes, good plan. Can you russle up a patch to fix this, and then I'll
> commit it. So official policy is only have active quirks with the latest
> drivers, but add commented quirks for older drivers.

Attached..

(I really need to start using Mandriva GIT server to host those
changes :)

> I'll also add another entry to the document I'm putting together here:
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/temp/quirk/quirk-intro.html

You need to rephrase the driver question on the form, most users won't
know what "old i810 driver" mean. Asking for driver version is probably
best, even if it is hard to check for average user..

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
Mandriva