On recognizing music players in hal/hal-info

Artem Kachitchkine Artem.Kachitchkin at Sun.COM
Thu Nov 15 18:11:30 PST 2007

>> I don't think this would work, because then any USB stick of USB-HD would get
>> detected as musicplayer because there are mp3 files.
>
> If the volume only contains MP3 files, then I guess opening the music
> player on it might not be considered totally wrong, but yeah, it just
> errs on the other side then.

I think what we have today is pretty good, but it would be even better
if users were be able to point their mouse at a device and say: this is
a music player. Manually editing xml is so last century.

-Artem