Dell 700M quirks

Leo sdl.web at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 03:53:48 PST 2007

On 2007-05-31 15:53 +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> Le dimanche 20 mai 2007 à 18:01 +0100, Leo a écrit :
>> Dear list,
>>
>> So I have added an entry as follows:
>

>> ,----
>> |         <match key="system.hardware.product" contains="700m">
>> |         </match>
>> `----
>>
>> i.e. no quirks for Dell 700M.
>>
>> And this has prevent having a corrupt a display after wake up from
>> suspend-to-ram.
>>
>> I tested this setting after a reboot and it seems to work happily in my
>> Fedora 7 test 4.
>
> Thanks for your report.
>
> Could you also test suspend-to-ram from console (Alt-F1) and see if it
> works ?
>
> Also, what kind of video driver is use on your system ?

Sorry for the terrible delay in reply. I was not subscribed to the list
and have missed all your messages.

I have upgraded to Fedora 8 and encountered hangs in suspension. My
laptop is Dell 700M.

In console, when wake up, the screen is blank but keyboard is
responding.

So I have changed the settings of fdi to:
  http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.hal/9855

It seems to work with both console and X.

However from now and then my laptop hangs when it is halfway through
wake up from suspension.

Please let me know how to provide more info so that we can pin down
correct quirks for dell 700M.

Best wishes,
--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

          Use the best OS -- http://www.fedoraproject.org/