ZTE MF636 3G USB Modem

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 08:53:35 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 15:58 +1100, Kevin Gilbert wrote:
> I've just purchased a ZTE MF636 USB 3G modem and want to get it going
> under Linux. My Friend (aka Google) came up with this page:
> http://lwn.net/Articles/307433/
>
> Q1: Did that poster submit the details to this group?

Need the full output of 'lshal' and '/sbin/lsusb -vv' please, with the
modem plugged in.  If it presents a "Driver CD" mass storage device,
please provide the 'lsusb -vv' output both from before and after you've
ejected the device.

> Q3: Does anyone know which kernel module drives this device?

Nope, because we don't yet know what hardware is in the device.  Can you
provide the FCC ID (or other regulatory agency ID) from the device
itself?  It might work with the 'option' driver.  Can you use this
device with wvdial or minicom or something?

Dan