ZTE MF636 3G USB Modem

Kevin Gilbert kevin952 at tpg.com.au
Wed Dec 10 17:11:59 PST 2008

Hmm, my first reply was quarantined because of it's size, so I'll have another
go.

1) syslog output when the device was mounted:
    http://zte-mf636.pastebin.com/d66e7ea15

2) lshal
    http://zte-mf636.pastebin.com/m49f17b31

3) lsusb -vv with device mounted
    http://zte-mf636.pastebin.com/m65d5297b

4) lsusb -vv after device dismounted as the device does present a CD-Rom drive
to Windows
    http://zte-mf636.pastebin.com/m47d2f9ab

I've tried the "option" driver but it doesn't work. Neither does
"usb_modeswitch". I'm compiling my own kernel so that I can turn on debug for
the "option" driver and see what that turns up. Will also have a hack at
usb_modeswitch - as time permits.

BTW: The device is sold by Telstra Australia for it BigPond Mobile Broadband
service.

Cheers,
Kevin

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Dan Williams opined: