ZTE MF636 3G USB Modem

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Dec 11 07:37:12 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 12:11 +1100, Kevin Gilbert wrote:
> Hmm, my first reply was quarantined because of it's size, so I'll have another
> go.
>
> 1) syslog output when the device was mounted:
>     http://zte-mf636.pastebin.com/d66e7ea15
>
> 2) lshal
>     http://zte-mf636.pastebin.com/m49f17b31
>
> 3) lsusb -vv with device mounted
>     http://zte-mf636.pastebin.com/m65d5297b
>
> 4) lsusb -vv after device dismounted as the device does present a CD-Rom drive
> to Windows
>     http://zte-mf636.pastebin.com/m47d2f9ab
>
> I've tried the "option" driver but it doesn't work. Neither does

By "tried" I assume you mean you added the USB IDs for the modem to the
driver, rebuilt the module, and modprobe-ed it after unmounting the
CD-Rom drive thing, or you force-bound option to the device IDs after
unmounting the CD-ROm thing?  Gotta make sure the CD-Rom thing is
unmounted before trying to bind any driver to the device.

Dan