Net device cannot be displayed by lshal

alex z celeber4 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 19:08:32 PST 2008

Hi All,

I am working on porting a wifi driver based on SDIO bus to an ARM platform.
Currently it works fine, but lshal cannot find it. When I insert the
modules: sdio.ko and wifi.ko, /sys/class/net/ will be added a directory:
eth1, but there is not the device directory in /sys/class/net/eth1.

Can anyone please give me some tips to solve it?
Because I want to use NetworkManager to manager my network, but firstly NM
should give the wifi information from HAL. How can I modify wifi driver or
add a .fdi file to let NM find the wifi device?
Thanks for your help!!

P.S. I found some information from this mail:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2005-September/003244.html. But
still cannot find a tip.

Alex