Net device cannot be displayed by lshal

Andrey Borzenkov arvidjaar at mail.ru
Wed Feb 27 19:44:39 PST 2008

On Thursday 28 February 2008, alex z wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am working on porting a wifi driver based on SDIO bus to an ARM platform.
> Currently it works fine, but lshal cannot find it. When I insert the
> modules: sdio.ko and wifi.ko, /sys/class/net/ will be added a directory:
> eth1, but there is not the device directory in /sys/class/net/eth1.
>
> Can anyone please give me some tips to solve it?

Your driver must initialize pointer to real device in net_device before creating
it. Something like this (for PCMCIA device)

    SET_NETDEV_DEV(dev, &handle_to_dev(link));
    if (register_netdev(dev) != 0) {
        printk("%s: register_netdev() failed\n", MODULE_NAME);
        goto failed;
    }

here handle_to_dev() is PCMCIA specific. I do not know SDIO infrastructure
so I cannot be more specific here.

-andrey