laptop_panel.duplicate_video_device quirk?

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 21:44:53 PST 2008

Ben Liblit pisze:
> Would this be better handled by setting info.ignore to true for the
> video device you want to ignore?  I have a local hack on my own ThinkPad
> X61 laptop for doing that, since I also get a duplicate video device.
Will this work if two devices are exactly the same? Like:
[jsikorski at snowball ~]$ lshal | grep laptop_panel
  info.capabilities = {'laptop_panel'} (string list)
  info.category = 'laptop_panel'  (string)
  laptop_panel.access_method = 'general'  (string)
  laptop_panel.num_levels = 101  (0x65)  (int)
  info.capabilities = {'laptop_panel'} (string list)
  info.category = 'laptop_panel'  (string)
  laptop_panel.access_method = 'general'  (string)
  laptop_panel.num_levels = 101  (0x65)  (int)
[jsikorski at snowball ~]$

Julian