Can HAL sense/see when something is plugged in the out of the sound card?

Stojan Dimitrovski sdimitrovski at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 11:29:03 PST 2008

Hello everyone,

Can HAL sense/see when something is plugged in the "out" of the sound
card? I say something because AFAIK no sound card can determine whether
there are headphones or speakers or just a jack plugged in. However, I
know that they (sound cards) can sense when something is plugged in.
I've seen this on Windows numerous times. I also found out that this
feature is called "Jacksense" in ALSA and other Sound projects.

So can it sense/see?

Thanks,
Stojan Dimitrovski

--