Signals and Locking Interfaces

Casey McGinty casey.mcginty at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 14:36:36 PDT 2008

I have some code that correctly handles DBUS signals from the HAL Manger
Interface and also a Device Interface to a storage object. I want to prevent
other applications from receiving the object signals, but allow my
application to see them. I tried using the *AcquireInterfaceLock* method on
the storage device, yet that ends up also blocking the signal in my
application.

Is this the expected behaviour when using interface locking?
Is there anyway to allow the signals to come through, but block other
applications?
If not, what is the best way to accomplish event detection, polling?

Thanks for the help.
- Casey