properties for rotable displays

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Fri Mar 14 09:00:12 PDT 2008

On Freitag, 14. März 2008, Robert Gerlach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for my tablet pc, I want to store the orientations of the rotable display
> in HAL? Is there a recommendation? If not, I want to propose a new
> capability (like "rotatable_display") and two properties, one for normal
> and one for rotated orientation (sample fdi attached).

I'm not sure what exactly the goal of this is. We already detect TabletPCs. I
don't understand why you need the orientations of the displays (in fact e.g.
the STYLISTIC ST5xxx displays are not rotatable since they are Slates) in
HAL, also because orientation for the Tablet mode is something that depends
on the user preferences. Shouldn't that be something you should configure
somewhere in a desktop application like krandrtray or grandr?

Danny