How to commit to hal-0_5_11-branch

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 12:25:28 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Danny Kukawka <danny.kukawka at web.de> wrote:

>  I found that in a "git for SVN user"-tutorial and it worked for me:
>
>  1) checkout git master
>  2) git checkout --track -b hal-0_5_11-branch origin/hal-0_5_11-branch
>  3) commit your changes to the local branch (hal-0_5_11-branch)
>  4) push the commit

If you read the git-push manpage very carefully you can figure this
out, but here's the gist of it as far as I know:

$ git push origin
Push all your branches that have matching names on the remote side.

$ git push origin branchname
Push your local branch "branchname" to an equally named branch on the
remote side. If no remote "branchname" exists, abort.

$ git push origin branchname:branchname
Same as previous, but remote "branchname" is created if it doesn't exist.

--
Dan