Improving the suspend quirks guessworking

Martin Pitt martin at piware.de
Wed Mar 26 01:03:50 PDT 2008

Danny Kukawka [2008-03-25 21:07 +0100]:
> Because only one person need to get in touch with us and all other can benefit
> from this report. I don't see any problem here. Such a default would let the
> machine work with one driver or kernel version and it would break maybe with
> the next, where is there the benefit?

The very same is true for the 'upstream' quirks, since a set of quirks
which works for one person might break another person's box who uses a
different graphics driver or kernel version. (I. e. if someone using
nv reports quirks, you'll break it for someone using the nvidia
driver; which is exactly what my patch fixes.)

Martin