export as ini file

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 01:19:53 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 15:59 +0200, Danny Kukawka wrote:
> That's not the point. HAL is a system daemon and they are never
> translated, they are always in english (and this has nothing to do
> with America). We had some translations in the past, but we removed
> them since they are a) not needed for a system daemon and b) only blow
> up the package size.

Totally agree with Danny. This is a system daemon, and not designed to
be used by users. Users should be using GUI tools to do pretty things,
not getting down and dirty with the core tools.

> When "America" or any country that spoke english dominate the world and
> force us to talk english, maybe i18n will not be interesting anymore.

This isn't some conspiracy against non-americans, so please don't
suggest that. When you're done forking lshal and translating that, maybe
you can then translate dbus and then the kernel.

Richard.