[fprint] Export fingerprint readers in libfprint

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Thu Oct 23 08:33:59 PDT 2008

Hi,

thanks for bringing it up again.

I would prefer to go the same way as HAL already go for e.g. music players.

See attached patch for the SPEC. The new proposal would allow the library
maintainer a maximum of flexibility to define the keys the need (and on the
other hand it would prevent HAL from define keys, which are may not common or
needed for all libs). For libfprint it would generate these properties:

info.category = 'biometric.fingerprint_reader' (string)
info.capabilities = {'biometric','biometric.fingerprint_reader'} (string list)
biometric.fingerprint_reader.access_method = {'libfprint'} (string list)

and the new subnamespace 'biometric.fingerprint_reader.libfprint.*' with e.g.
these keys:
biometric.fingerprint_reader.libfprint.driver = 'upekts' (string)
biometric.fingerprint_reader.libfprint.support = true (bool)

Any comments on this?

Danny