[fprint] Export fingerprint readers in libfprint

Timo Hoenig thoenig at suse.de
Sun Oct 26 01:20:12 PDT 2008

Hi!

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 17:33 +0200, Danny Kukawka wrote:

> I would prefer to go the same way as HAL already go for e.g. music players.
>
> See attached patch for the SPEC. The new proposal would allow the library
> maintainer a maximum of flexibility to define the keys the need (and on the
> other hand it would prevent HAL from define keys, which are may not common or
> needed for all libs). For libfprint it would generate these properties:

Sounds good to me.

> info.category = 'biometric.fingerprint_reader' (string)
> info.capabilities = {'biometric','biometric.fingerprint_reader'} (string list)
> biometric.fingerprint_reader.access_method = {'libfprint'} (string list)
>
> and the new subnamespace 'biometric.fingerprint_reader.libfprint.*' with e.g.
> these keys:
> biometric.fingerprint_reader.libfprint.driver = 'upekts' (string)
> biometric.fingerprint_reader.libfprint.support = true (bool)
>
> Any comments on this?

No objections from my side.  I'll rewrite Bastien's patch to match this
requirements.  If I'm not mistaken his patch was not yet included in
libfprint upstream -- Daniel?

Anyway -- I'll have a look at this tomorrow and post my results (likely
as a patch for libfprint 0.6 and libfprint git).

Thanks,

   Timo