callout example script for touchscreens

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 2 08:02:50 PDT 2008

hi,
On Di, 2008-09-02 at 16:18 +0200, Danny Kukawka wrote:
> On Montag, 25. August 2008, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > seems the attached script could probably do what i need (i have yet to
> > find out how to apply the actual callout stuff to a generic
> > touchscreen .fdi file but it seems i'm getting somewhere with my basic
> > idea)
>
> I don't understand what the intention of this script is and what this has to
> do with hal at all.
a similar script to set keyboard layouts is used in recent fedora and
ubuntu systems for Xorg 1.5 ... it will make it easier to keep the
calibration data out of the .fdi file so teh .fdi would only need to
tell the device which driver to use and nothing else ... as i asked
before if you think that this .fdi file would have to go into the driver
package, why do you do similar stuff for wacom based
tablets/touchscreens ?

imho pointing out the needed driver for a HW is the responsibility of
hal while applying settings should likely be part of the driver package
itself am i so wrong here ?

ciao
	oli