Your request / output of lshal and getfacl /dev/sg2

Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Tue Jan 6 00:05:15 PST 2009

Hi Danny,
hi Kay,
dear listmembers,
the latest patch from Danny fixed the behaviour - what regards SCSI-scanners
as such. What remains to do for me is the adaptation of the xml-creation
script to SCSI-devices in sane-backends. I know now where to do it and I
readily integrated my HP scanner so it is detected by hal correctly.

However, one issue remains: when logging in locally the ACL is being assigned,
but if you just boot the system and log in remotely via SSH this does not
happen. You have to log in locally at least once to achieve this.

IMHO a remote access to devices should be acceptable and should not depend on
whether you had had logged in locally once or not - can one of you guys
imagine what happens here?

Thank you very much anyway!
@ Danny: will post patch to the bug I readily reported on SCSI-scanner access
so it will be integrated soon, hopefully.

As I think openSUSE will be forced to issue a patch for hal anyway (the
current hal issues with CD/DVD access) probably there is a chance to get this
integrated.

Thanks again,
take care

Dieter

                                \
                 /\_/\           |

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)
*******

******