Your request / output of lshal and getfacl /dev/sg2

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Tue Jan 6 00:55:44 PST 2009

On Dienstag, 6. Januar 2009, Dieter Jurzitza wrote:
> However, one issue remains: when logging in locally the ACL is being
> assigned, but if you just boot the system and log in remotely via SSH this
> does not happen. You have to log in locally at least once to achieve this.

Access do scanner devices is only allowed active users by default. Remote user
are not part of the active users.

> Thank you very much anyway!
> @ Danny: will post patch to the bug I readily reported on SCSI-scanner
> access so it will be integrated soon, hopefully.

You don't need to add the patch to bugzilla. I maintain the SUSE package, but
I need a bug to update the package for openSUSE 11.1.

> As I think openSUSE will be forced to issue a patch for hal anyway (the
> current hal issues with CD/DVD access) probably there is a chance to get
> this integrated.

It will be integrated and a update package will be available as soon as (at
least) SLE11 is ready.

Danny