dell wifi,bluetooth,wwan switches

Nicolò Chieffo 84yelo3 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 09:22:30 PDT 2009

I'm running ubuntu Jaunty, and HAL has 3 switches for wireless
devices. They normally work, but have a problem if the devices are
switched off in the BIOS:
they currently do not enable anything.

In ubuntu the switches are connected to the binary
/usr/sbin/dellWirelessCtl as we can see in the file
tools/linux/hal-system-killswitch-set-power-linux

The binary is called with different arguments depending on the device
(this doesn't have any sense for me)
BT:
--bt 0/1

WLAN:
--sw_wlan 0/1 --wlan 0/1

WWAN
--sw_wwan 0/1 --wwan 0/1

I propose (to make switches work even if the are BIOS disabled) to do
this change:
BT:
--boot --bt 0/1

WLAN: