dell wifi,bluetooth,wwan switches

Mario Limonciello mario_limonciello at dell.com
Mon Mar 16 06:56:11 PDT 2009

Hi Nicolò:

I'm not sure I entirely agree with this patch.  I view the BIOS as an
administration tool.  An administrator for a company's IT group may want
to disable BT from operating on laptops distributed to and run by that
IT group.

Also, this call becomes a lot more expensive if you are always writing
the new status to the BIOS whenever it's called.  You may notice little
"hiccups" in system usage as an interrupt is called for the SMI call.

Regards