use util-linux-ng's libblkid instead of libvolume_id

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Fri Mar 27 09:08:10 PDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 16:06, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/26 Kay Sievers <kay.sievers at vrfy.org>:
>> This converts HAL to link against the new blkid from util-linx-ng, which
>> merged all needed libvolume_id functionality. It's this version:
>>  http://git.kernel.org/?p=utils/util-linux-ng/util-linux-ng.git;a=tree;f=libs/blkid;hb=HEAD
>>
>> It can not work with libblkid from e2fs-progs. Udev's libvolume_id will
>> go away soon.

> thanks for the patch.
>
> My only concern is, that this shouldn't be merged into trunk until
> 0.5.12 released.

Yeah, the version does not really matter I guess, would be nice though
to have one. Everybody ships HAL snapshots anyway, because of the lack
of releases. :)

This needs to be merged as soon as udev has has switched over to
libblkid, which will not take many days longer than the release of
util-linux-ng. Libvolume_id will be removed from the udev tree with
this step, now that we have a working version of libblkid in
util-linux-ng.

Thanks,
Kay