Replacement for hal-setup-keymap -- committed to udev-extras

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 10 08:17:33 PDT 2009

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 3:39 AM, Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Martin Pitt [2009-05-08 15:28 +0200]:
>> As discussed, it is done now, including conversion of all of
>> hal-info's current keymaps. I created my own udev-extra branch for
>> that, since I'm still waiting for a git.kernel.org account.
>
> I got my account. I also got a lot of positive and no negative testing
> feedback [1], so I'm reasonably confident that it's not totally
> broken.
>
> I committed my stuff to udev-extras trunk now.  I don't see it on
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/hotplug/udev-extras.git;a=summary yet,
> but I do see it in "git log" on master.k.o. I guess there's some
> cronjob which updates http://git.kernel.org regularly? That seems to
> work differently from what I'm used to on git.freedesktop.org.

Martin, I noticed a couple minor build tweaks. You committed something
to check for gperf in configure.ac, but then you never use $(GPERF) in
keymap/Makefile.am. On the same note, it might be nice to use
AC_PROG_AWK in configure.ac and then use $(AWK) in the Makefile. Might
as well just be safe.

--
Dan