Replacement for hal-setup-keymap -- committed to udev-extras

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Sun May 10 13:51:07 PDT 2009

Hello Lennart,

Lennart Poettering [2009-05-10 17:52 +0200]:
> Martin, in keyfuzz I used to ship my own copy of input.h which I then
> processed with awk/gperf. The reason for that was that input.h
> upstream changed quite often and I wanted to make sure that keymap
> files shipped along with keyfuzz are guaranteed to be valid for the
> keyfuzz binary build from the same tree. i.e. if the system input.h
> was olderthan the keyfuzz version and its mappings this could cause
> errors due to unknown keys.

Indeed I usually prefer not to ship copies of include files. However,
you raise a good point. I added a "make check" test that all
key names are valid:

  http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/hotplug/udev-extras.git;a=commitdiff;h=4aad50770cd85a7a37743ffec26147bd0bc1cfea

Would you agree that this is sufficient?

Thanks,

Martin