[Pm-utils] pm-utils-1.3.0 has been released

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 09:23:27 PDT 2010

2010/3/17 Kay Sievers <kay.sievers at vrfy.org>:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 05:22, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com> wrote:
>> How should we handle quirk submissions in the future?
>> Given, there will probably not be that many anymore, but should we
>> commit them to hal-info or someplace else?
>
> They should be just imported into pm-utils, and all import scripts or
> other mentioning of hal should be removed, I guess. It's time to let
> this thing finally die. :)

I'm all for that, because I think the import process also has the
potential risk of breaking something.
Importing it once into pm-utils, then carefully checking if the
imported database looks sane,  and adding/modifying enties looks like
a much more robust solution to me.

I would actually prefer, if we just shipped the quirks within the
pm-utils tarball.
Looking at the git branch, it looks like Victor wants to keep them in
a separate tarball, even if they are in the same git repo.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?