[Harfbuzz] Re: opentype code

Lars Knoll lars at trolltech.com
Wed Oct 26 23:33:38 PDT 2005

Hi Behdad,

On Thursday 27 October 2005 06:48, you wrote:
> Lars, Owen,
>
> We have mailing list, CVS, bugzilla, and web page for HarfBuzz
> going:
>
>   http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fharfbuzz
>

> I have imported the pango/pango/opentype directory into CVS under
> the name otlayout:
>
>   http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fharfbuzz

Great :)

> Lars, we need to work it out whether you can make any use of the
> pango_* stuff in there.

No I can't really use them. It's the glue layer between pango and harfbuzz. Qt
has it's own layer doing lots of the same stuff (ie binding harfbuzz to the
data structures we use internally). The pango_* files should probably just
stay in pango.

> And please get on the mailing list so we can continue there.

I'm subscribed now :)

One suggestion I have is to move the testing/debugging code (ottest.c and
disasm.* into a directory of it's own.

Cheers,
Lars