[Harfbuzz] Re: opentype code

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Wed Oct 26 23:56:12 PDT 2005

Hello,

> > Lars, we need to work it out whether you can make any use of the
> > pango_* stuff in there.
>
> No I can't really use them. It's the glue layer between pango and harfbuzz. Qt
> has it's own layer doing lots of the same stuff (ie binding harfbuzz to the
> data structures we use internally). The pango_* files should probably just
> stay in pango.

Ok.  Removed them.

> One suggestion I have is to move the testing/debugging code (ottest.c and
> disasm.* into a directory of it's own.

Good point.  What about this:  create a module named harfbuzz
that is a complete project with autofoo that can be built and
installed as a library, with directories inside as otlayout/,
otdump/, test/, etc.  The otlayout/ dir is the part that can be
copied by Pango and Qt.

BTW, you don't use Makefile.am, right?

Feel free to move things around (from inside gabe.fd.o), or edit
text files, adding notes, or start up patching things around.
And if you want to get commit notifications, feel free to edit
loginfo.

> Cheers,
> Lars

Cheers,