[HarfBuzz] Re: [ft-devel] Relicensing HarfBuzz code from FreeType

David Turner david at freetype.org
Sun Feb 4 10:14:36 PST 2007

> The problem is in Pango actually.  "Pango has no problem using it" as in
> no one ever complained about, except recently in Fedora lists.  The
> complaint is that Pango is not LGPLed, because it uses code that is GPL
> +FTL.

Ah sorry, I imagined that harfbuzz was going to be distributed as a separate
library, not as an integral part of Pango.

In this new context, I understand that you would want a single license.
I'm ok with re-licensing this code under the LGPL, but I believe that Werner
wrote most of it, so you'd better ask him (and check the sources for author
disclaimers).

Regards,

- David